Sunday, September 20, 2015

A business idea, no matter how great it may be, will not reach its full potential if it is not in the right location projected toward the right group of people. For example, I am wanting to create an equestrian program and start a business by giving riding lessons. My fiancé and I have found many great houses and farms to buy in different remote areas, but my business will have a better chance of success if we are located closer to schools. I have researched other equestrian programs and found that the ones located closer to schools attracted more business because parents did not have to drive as far and it was a competitive, educational,  and/or therapeutic after school activity that kids love. Therefore, I have discovered the group I want to attract and I am working toward finding the perfect location to promote success.
I have also noticed that many great businesses in Cullman went out of business even though they had great ideas because they were not in a location that attracted the right group of people. Through my research and observations, my greatest advice when starting a business is: 1) Figure out what group of people will be the most interested in your product. 2) Find the location that will attract your projected group the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment